28 July 2010

Just a quick update!

Against my better judgement, my husband emailed his ex-wife, and also sent a picture of Butterfly.  I don't even want to discuss this, as I found it so insanely irritating that he would do that.  So, of course, she responds saying she has cancer and is dying and she has all of this land in Italy and Turkey for Butterfly, she just needs more information.  At that point, my husband decided perhaps he should not have emailed her, and has promised he is finished - he just said he knew she wouldn't stop until he responded.  We have not heard back.  I will be making sure the school this fall knows who CANNOT pick up Butterfly.  Ahhhh.  As if I need more stress.

I am swamped with so much going on at home and work.  I am also planning a surprise party for my parent's 30th wedding anniversary, and just found out that my SIL confused her dates, and has a very good friend's wedding the same day, so she will not be coming for the party.  So, I am now down one helper, when I only had three to start with.  Super excited about that.

And finally, Butterfly was chatting with me on her way to camp today about how she has memorized all of the Beatles songs from her show choir camp a few weeks ago, and she knows all the words my heart. :) I complimented her on her memorization, then out of nowhere she says "All of my friends tell me I sing out of key, but I know that I don't." 

Lord have mercy.  The girl can't carry a tune to save her life.  I was quite impressed by how astute her friends were.  I asked if she knew what singing out of key meant.  She, of course, does not, so using my fave song - Tomorrow from Annie - I sang a verse in key and one out of key, sounding as close to her as I possibly could.

When I finished, she just responded, "They really don't know what they're talking about.  I definitely don't sing out of key."

I have a feeling we have a future American Idol wannabe on our hands. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment