First of all, thank you for all of the comments! I'm excited to be back blogging, and hopefully I get better at commenting on all your posts, too! BT, I absolutely think it is time for you to start blogging again!!
And, now for the big SURPRISE.
I went into work late today because of a doctor appointment. However, when I woke up this morning, I wanted to check my email first thing to see if there was anything urgent to respond to. I was scrolling through, looking at work-related emails that I needed to respond to, when one caught my eye.
I had never received an email from this particular person, nor have we ever had any contact. But when I saw the name, I almost passed out. Any guesses?!
Yes! One of my most favorite people in the whole entire world! Butterfly's birthmom! Yippee! I need more drama in my life!
She asked if I was married to Patrick, and if I had a step-daughter. She then asked for pictures, said she meant no harm, I didn't need to tell Patrick she contacted me, and she gave me a phone number where I could reach her. No, thank you to all of the above.
So, at 7:15 this morning I was frantically calling IT at work to have her blocked from emailing me, and then calling my supervisor asking her to remove some of my personal information from the website.
What a great way to start the day.
So apparently, BM got a wild hair and decided to search the internet for info on Butterfly. We do a pretty good job of keeping a low profile online for the two of them, and keeping contact info private. But my husband's aunt passed away a month ago, and all our names were listed in the obituary. At the time, my husband said he wished they wouldn't have done that because his ex could see it. I laughed and said I'm sure she wasn't looking any more. WRONG. She must have done some serious sleuthing to find me through my work website and put two and two together.
My husband thinks I should respond and say that I have no idea what she's talking about. I plan to just ignore it, and rest easy knowing she is blocked from emailing me in the future. Any thoughts?
I have one...what was I thinking when I married into this family?! Temporary insanity, I suppose.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Just delete it permanently and ignore it and keep her blocked and your info private. Keep an eye on things at home, though. If she's already found you at work, it's not real hard to find your address and other home contact info. Also make sure that this blog is not searchable by search engines. It's a simple blogger setting.
ReplyDelete